Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Goddamn you, Mother Nature

Well, I have lived to tell the terrifying tales of Storm Watch 2004 (or the Class 3 Kill Storm as one person put it). Actually, the most horrifying tale is that my Dish Network was out half the day yesterday and most of last night, so that's enough for me to curse Mother Nature. Damn you, Mother Nature, you wet dirty whore! How dare you take away Pimp My Ride and Sanford and Son re-runs.

The news still continues to go ballistic over the rain here, even though 80,000 (and rising) people are dead in Asia. Nice.

Who says Californians are full of themselves??




I am going to Target, my retail orgasm today, where I will whip out my Target card and spend way too much money on crap I probably don't need. But I don't care. I have been stuck in the house for the last six weeks and need some excitement. I have to buy a new toaster, since my current toaster apparently wants to commit arson and burn me and my apartment down. I put bread in it the other day and walked away, and when I came back the top of the bread was ON FIRE, so I figured that meant I got my ten dollars' worth out of that one, time to go plunk down ten more.




In sad news, Jerry Orbach died, who was in one of my favorite cheese movies of all time, Dirty Dancing (he also kicks criminal ass and takes names on Law and Order). Goddamn I love that movie.

Nobody puts Baby in a corner.




Ok, Storm Watch 2004 is coming back later today, so keep praying for me. Forget about all the tsunami people... I might have to actually USE MY WINDSHIELD WIPERS.

Jesus... I am embarrassed even more than usual to be from California today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home