Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Let's just be friends.

Man, am I glad I am not a teenager anymore. Being back at the family unit’s pad with my 19 year-old sister all the time has really made me appreciate being 31. It also made me realize what a smartassed (ok, so that hasn’t changed) snot nose I was, too. But my sister, Jackie, is a smooth operator, man. She’s got my parents wrapped so tight around her finger she can get just about anything out of them. And does.

Right about now, you’re probably thinking, “Wow, Andria. You’re bitter.” Damn right I am. I admit this.




Thankfully, in spite of the horrendous difficulty I am going through right now (and we’re talking two pain pills at a time, people), I am starting to feel more and more like myself. Which is a very good thing. I was starting to go batty for a while, there.




Ok, so in my last entry (I think) I said that I was going to hang out with Jason, and for the first time, we couldn’t do anything. Well… we did hang out. And it was rough, I tell you. We have been talking on the phone so much and without sex involved, I suspect at the end of this we may end up just friends. I guess that’s not so bad.

Is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home