Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Stolen entry.

Well... after reading my D-Land twin's latest entry, I thought it was a nifty little way to post when you really don't have anything to say. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought that.

Originality be damned!! Here's my answers:

1. What is the geekiest part of your music collection?
Oh my god. I have such a broad, expansive taste in music, that I have geekiness in different genres. I like it all, people. But, I will admit to having the following: Tom Jones, Neil Diamond (he is the Jewis Elvis, after all), Kelly Clarkson, Poison, Carpenters, and a CD of musical scores by Ennio Morricone. I have like 400 CD's. They can't all be cool. And as cheesy as they may be, I listen to them all. Hey, sometimes you just need to hear "U Can't Touch This."

2. what do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night?
String cheese. Mmmm... cheese.

3. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie?
Beaches. Every time. If I am in some store and "Wind Beneath My Wings" comes on, chances are, I'll turn into a crying ass right there. Sad really.

4. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done?
What wouldn't I have done?

5. Do you have a completely irrational fear?
Flying. I know, I know, my car is more dangerous than an airplane. But the question didn't ask for a logical fear.

6. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moment?
Chewing on my fingernails. I don't bite them, just chew them a little. Ew. That sounds grosser than it really is.

7. Are you a pyromaniac?
I was when I was little. Then my Mom took me to the fire station, where a hot ass fireman showed me pictures of burnt kids, and whaddya know... pyromania gone. I am a bit of a candle freak, though.

8. Do you have too many love interests?
I have interests. I wouldn't necessarily throw the L word around when talking about them, though.

9. Do you know anyone famous?
Um... nope.

10. Describe your bed:
Boring. Wooden headboard/shelf thingy with a candle holder that weighs about ten pounds so I can hurl it at an intruder that tries to rape me in the night, my phone, lotion, and alarm clock. Queen size bed with white sheets and purple comforter, under a nice layer of cat hair.

11. Spontaneous or plan?
Unfortunately, I am more of a planner, with small bouts of spontaneity.

12. Who should play you in a movie about your life?
Me. Duh. As if anyone else could pull me off.

13. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes. I love poker. In fact, when I worked in daycare, I taught all those little yappy kids how to play poker just to keep them quiet. Now there's a bunch of kids in the world that can play about ten different poker games and blackjack. We used checkers as chips, and had a grand old time. Teaching small kids about gambling isn't wrong, is it??

14. What do you carry with you at all times?
MAC lip gloss, cell phone (I am ashamed to admit now), and rubber band, for emergency ponytail situations.

15. What do you miss most about being little?
I miss the fearlessness you have when you're a little kid.

16. Are you happy with your given name?
Yeah. My name is Andria Jacqueline. And I am lucky... I am named after my dad, Andrew Jackson. My white trash grandparents couldn't think of a name for him, so they just looked at Presidents' names, and chose Andrew Jackson. They were going to name him Benjamin Franklin. I don't what the fuck my Mom would have named me then. Bejamina Fracesca?

17. How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year?
That's just crazy talk.

18. What color is your bedroom?
White, with dark purple sheer curtains.

19. what was the last song you were listening to?
"Cannonball" by Damien Rice.

20. Have you ever been in a play?
No. I took drama in high school, but wasn't in any plays.

21. Have you ever been in love?
I thought it was love at the time, but now, at 31, I realize it was nowhere near it.

22. Do you talk a lot?
Probably much more than my friends would like.

23. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself?
Sometimes.

24. Do transient, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you?
Um.... YES. So, maybe I look like an asshole admitting it, but they really do. I get bitter and cranky when people who don't work ask me for my money.

25. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
Yes. Mostly. Sometimes. Depends. Ok, no.

26. Do you spend more time with your girlfriend/boyfriend or your friends?
Well, since I don't have a "boyfriend", per se, I definitely spend more time with my friends.

27. What is your ideal marriage location?
Um... nowhere. Marriage is not in the cards for this girl.

28. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play?
Drums. Tommy Lee kicks ass. And he has a real big penis.

29. Favorite fabric?
Cotton.

30. Something you love and hate?
Food.

31. What kind of bedding do you use?
Um... some cheap stuff I bought at Target, my personal Disneyland.

32. Do you tell your friends about your sex life?
Yes. Always.

33. What's the one language you want to learn?
Spanish. Living in California, I have been turned down from an assload of jobs because I am not bilingual.

34. How do you eat an apple?
I cut into four pieces, cut out all of the core, and then eat it.

35. What do you order at a bar?
Either Captain Morgan and Diet Coke or a dirty Grey Goose martini. Cause I am sophisticated and stuff.

36. Have you ever pierced your body parts?
Just my ears.

37. Do you have tattoos?
No. I thought about when I was about eighteen, when that's what all my friends were doing, but then I saw some soccer mom with a faded stretched out tattoo on her ankle, and I decided against it.

38. Would you ever admit to having done plastic surgery any kind if confronted?
Yeah. I'll admit just about anything if you ask me.

39. What's one of the "funniest" things you've ever done?
This may sound dorky. But we cracked up at the time... Kay and I used to go shopping, or run errands or whatever, and we would use foreign accents or act like we were speaking German or French or something. Ok, so it's not funny. Whatever.

40. Do you drive stick?
I know how to drive a stick, but my current car is an
automatic.

41. What's one trait you hate in a person?
People who act fake, and try to be something they're not.

42. What kind of watch(es) do you wear?
Um... a gold and silver watch with a tiny little diamond where the twelve should be. Bling, bling, baby!!

43. Most frivolous purchase?
I spent $110 at the MAC counter on lip gloss and nail polish. I couldn't pay my rent, but I looked good, and that's what it's really all about, right?

44. Do you consider yourself materialistic?
Yes. With some things.

45. What do you cook the best?
This mexican-y casserole my southern grandma made when I was a little kid. She was born and raised in North Carolina, and my whole life, she (and my mom and aunts) called it "Pola Mexicana". I didn't know until I was older and learned the Spanish word for chicken is "pollo", and that my whole hillbilly family was saying it wrong. Well, they all know what pollo means, but they still call it Pola Mexicana. Who cares what they call it... it's good shit, man.

46. Favorite writing instrument?
PaperMate Flexgrip fine point blue pen.

47. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
Blend in. I hate being the focus of attention, and avoid it all costs.

48. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
Sure.

49. What's one car you will never buy?
Anything that looks like the after picture on Pimp My Ride.

50. What kind of books do you like to read?
Mostly non-fiction. Biographies, history, etc. But I like fiction occassionally.

51. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
Invest half of it, pay my bills off, pay my parents bills, buy them a house in Maui, and buy some phat-ass pad and go on MTV Cribs. Then I would hang out with P. Diddy and Ashton Kutcher and drink Cristale champagne.

52. Burial or cremation?
Cremation, all the way.

53. How many online journals do you read regularly?
Regularly, about nine or ten, but I am always reading new ones to try and find another one that is nearly as entertaining.

54. What's one thing you're a sore loser at?
Ok, here's another "I'm a giant dork" revelation. When I was growing up, my Grandma and aunts all used to play canasta, and my cousins and I always wanted to learn. When I finally did learn, I kicked ass, and now every time I lose, I throw a fit. Then I play again and exact my revenge! Muahahahaha!!!!

55. If you don't like a person, how do you show it?
I ignore them. Even if they're sitting right next to me, I can't deal with them. I don't like fake people, so I don't do it.

56. Do you cry in front of friends?
Yes.

57. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people?
Hmmm... loud, boisterous, smartass, foul-mouthed. It's a pretty accurate impression.

58. What's one thing you like to do alone?
Masturbate. I mean read, or something.

59. Are you a giver or a taker?
Well, with friends, I am more of a taker, and with men, I am a giver.

60. When's the last time you cried?
Ok, I will admit to being a lameass before I answer this. I cried on Sunday at the end of the nascar race. Jimmie Johnson won, and ten people that work for the guy that owns his car (including the guy's son, brother, and nieces) were all killed in a plane crash the week before, so when he won, they all cried and hugged and shit. It fucking touched me, alright? It doesn't take much to make me cry, actually.

61. Favorite communication method?
I do love the instant message. Or email.

62. How many drinks before you're tipsy?
Hmmm... probably four.

63. Do you think you're cute?
Yep.

64. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends?
Yes.

65. What's the most painful experience you've ever had?
Well, probably when my uncle died when I was 15. He was the first person I knew who died, and he was my favorite uncle, so it pretty much tore me apart. That was harder than anything I had ever gone through.

Way to end this entry on a cheery note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home