Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Movie bombs and big black dongs

Showgirls is perhaps the worst movie I have ever seen (barring any movie featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000 - another geek reference). And for that reason, I love it, and must watch it whenever I see it on. The writing is bad, the acting is horrendous... it's fantastic. If you love cheesy shit and you haven't seen this train wreck of a film, I highly recommend.




A few months ago, Jason and I were shopping at the adult toy store. We were browsing, making childish dildo jokes, when I happened to notice someone familiar out of the corner of my eye. I told Jason not look up, and not to move, but my EXTREMELY conservative supervisor's son was standing on the other side of him. So, being the sensitive and understanding guy that he is, picked up a three foot long black dildo and said in a nice loud voice, "Hey, hun, did you say you wanted a smaller one than the one we got last time? What do you think of this one?" Needless to say, I was humiliated, and Nick and his girlfriend were looking right at me. I dragged him out of the store, and thought for sure that everyone at my office was going to think I got off with some giant rubber dong.

Today, Nick (the son) came into the office, and it was the first time I had seen him since that day. Feeling awkward, and sensing it from him as well, I broke the ice and said "So, Nick... bought anything interesting lately?" Then I asked him if he told anyone he saw me, and he said no, because then his uptight Mom would know he was hanging out at the toy store himself. I am such a retard - that didn't even occur to me at the time.

Duh, Andria.




So is anyone besides my Diaryland Twin reading this drivel? Because so far, she's the only one willing to admit to it. Leave a comment. Tell me how funny and clever you think I am. Alright... lie if you have to. But give me some feedback. It makes me all tingly down there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home