Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Blame it on the rain.

It's two in the morning, and I am wide awake. It's raining out, which I love, but it also sucks. Rain is so romantic to me... it conjurs such images in my head of being stuck inside, of sex, and passion, and all that good stuff that I am currently not getting.

Goddamn it.

Loneliness is a motherfucker, people. Just when I think I am a hip sophisticated chick who can sleep with whoever she wants with no strings attached, it fucking rains and I turn into a giant pussy.

I am so frustrated I don't know what the hell I want anymore.




So I went out to see my friends The Mitchells (who will actually be a real live married couple soon!) last weekend, and we watched "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind". I hate movies that make me feel stupid. And complicated movies that are told ass-backwards and/or out of order don't work too well for me (I also think directors that make movies like that do a real disservice to the film itself. I mean, I spent 3/4 of the movie trying to figure the shit out, instead of having all of my focus be on what's going on at the moment in the movie). Whatever. In the end, it was a good movie, and I loved the premise, but the out-of-order sequence doesn't work for this cranky girl.

I am dense. I admit it.




Sigh.

It's not raining anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home