Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Bad dates, bad husbands... good times.

Well, the insanity continues over in these parts.


First, I had a HORRIBLE offline with this guy Thursday night. We had planned on meeting twice before, but once he flaked on me, and then I flaked on him. Well, I wish he would have flaked on me again.


So he shows up at my house, and sits on the couch opposite me. Nice. That made me feel really good, especially since I was already feeling nervous and self-conscious as hell. Then, my four-month old kitten Boo was trying to play with him, and he kept pushing her away and throwing toys at her, which I didn't really care for, but I knew he was allergic to cats, so I didn't get too upset. Finally I took the cat and locked her in the bedroom so she would be out of his hair. Then he starts asking me if he was going to get some, or at least get some head, and I was trying to be all cute and flirty and said something like, "Oh, I don't know... we'll have to see how good you are first", and he flipped out and started cursing and saying he could never ever be in a relationship with someone that couldn't give him a straight answer, and how hated the phrases "maybe" and "I don't know". Great. After NO conversation was happening whatsoever, he asks me (I hate guys who don't just fucking take charge and DO IT already) if I want him to come and sit by me. So, wanting him to kiss me because the curiosity was killing me, I said of course I wanted him to come and sit by me. So he comes over, and starts to kiss me. Badly. Really, really badly. That is about the worst thing in the world to me, people. If a guy is a bad kisser, it's just not going to go anywhere.


Then he starts manhandling my breasts like he's trying to open a jar of pickles, and I blurt out "Ouch!". He gets mad and goes back to the other couch. About five minutes later, his allergies kick in, he says he has to work early, and goes home. He hugged me, but didn't kiss me goodbye (which is good I suppose). I haven't talked to him since. I hate guys who are SO good on the phone and then suck ass in person.


At times like these I fucking hate being single.




Almost two weeks ago, one of my best friends, Angela, had her first baby, Jack (who is goddamned adorable, I might add). Well, Jack is at home, and Angela is still in the hospital. She had a C-section, and had some complications, and it looks like if they can't find what it is, they are going to have to open her back up (!!!) to fix it. The worst thing is her useless fucking moron of a husband Barney (yes, that's his real name, people). He hasn't done shit in terms of spending time with the baby OR his wife, instead he's gone back to work and gone back to the routine of being a lazy good-for-nothing fuck that he has always been, letting his mother-in-law (who finished fighting cancer just a few months ago), sleep over and cook, do his laundry, feed and take care of the baby. During the days, Kay, me, and our other girlfriend The Good Girl take care of the baby and try to keep Angela's spirits up as much as we can, and it's not easy. She is completely freaked out by her complications, and the fact that she can only see her baby an hour a day. She is also horrendously upset at the fact Barney hasn't stepped it up one bit to be a man and be a father to his fucking son. We are all so infuriated by his behavior, that Kay is going to give it to him and let him know he's a jackass today. I hope she lays it on thick, cause if she doesn't, I will. I knew that guy was a dumb fuck to begin with, I just had no clue it went this far.




I haven't seen Jason in almost two weeks, and it's killing me. The bad kisser on Thursday only made me want him more. That boy...Oh my.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home