Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The waiting is the hardest part.

The ER frustrates me. Unless a baby is shooting out of your vagina, or there's a knife sticking out of your head, you're in for a whole lot of waiting.


I had felt funny all weekend, and developed a strange neck/shoulder/back pain thing that made any kind of sleeping completely out of the question. Then last night out of nowhere, I had a 102 degree fever. So I called my lovely best friend Kay, and no questions asked, she went with me. Now, that might not seem like a big deal, but this was a ten o'clock at night, and she had to be at work the next morning. I should also point out the last two times I went to the ER, I didn't come home til at least four days later. That's why I am so appreciative. She knew there was a good chance that with my history she was in for the long haul.


The worst part of the whole thing is that I could NOT STOP SWEATING to save my life. I also didn't get a bed with a curtain, I got one that was in the center of the ER where I could see everything and everything (or everyone) could see me. And with a whole head of sweat-soaked hair, that was not such a good idea. Not to mention that every single male doctor was hot as hell. If I had any consolation, that was it. I suppose it's also good because the nerd in me loves to people watch, and from where I was, I got to do alot of that. Me and Kay just lusted after doctors and talked shit about the trashy family members of some of the patients. We were there for like six hours. We had to pass the time somehow. We were there so long that not one of the patients in that ER was there when I got admitted.


Anywho, long story short (well, not really since this is the fourth paragraph about it), I have a nasty kidney infection, which I have never ever had before, and it's kicking my ass. My doctor actually told me to stay in bed for a few days, which I fully intend to take advantage of. I am sure Celestia is going to have a fit when I call in sick again tomorrow. Today when I called her to tell her what had happened and that I wouldn't be in, she said "Well, I have had those and I could work." Lying ass. She keeps forgetting I was a close friend of hers at one time, and I know just what kind of "infections" she had.


I am starting to sweat again. Damn it. This sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home