Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!

Sigh. It's Saturday night, and here I am, posting in an online journal. I have become something of a bore in the last year. I pretty much spent my 20's partying in some bar, and now, I have to confess, I quite enjoy waking up before noon on Sunday (but not much before) and not feeling like I got ran over and drug five miles down the street the night before.


Now that all of my traiterous girlfriends have run off and found some lunatic man to spend the rest of their lives with, I am the lone single girl in the group. Which, I must confess, leaves me a bit frustrated. I have spent a big chunk of my single childless income on wedding gifts, bridal shower gifts, and baby shower gifts. Where in the hell is the "no husband/no kid" shower for me, damn it? Am I to be punished because I am not contributing to the already over-populated planet or to the national divorce rate? I know, I know, I sound bitter. And, well, maybe I am. I mean, I don't get any gifts, no tax benefits... all because I have no spouse or child. Eh, whatever.


Tomorrow something altogether different will probably piss me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home