Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Reunited and it feels so good.

It has been a crazy time for me lately. First, I developed a horrific kidney infection that stemmed from a urinary tract infection (that I didn't even know I had, believe it or not) and missed a week of work. Which sucked. I have not been sick like that in I don't even know how long, so I was not doing so good. Thank god for my sister, Jackie, and Kay, for taking care of my sorry ass. It really wrecked me. I am still feeling fatigued as a result of that.


Then, after some truly fucking fantastic (I am pretty sure at this point ALL my neighbors know we made up now) make-up sex with Jason Monday night, Tuesday morning I woke up with another damned urinary tract infection! I think in my whole life, I had one when I was a kid, and then in the last month I have had two. Which led me to do some investigating... and I found that spermicide in condoms can cause some women to develop those infections. Great. It's bad enough Jason is allergic to latex so we have to use polyeurithane (isn't that what people seal their decks with?!?!) condoms, now we have to find low spermicide polyeurithane condoms. Great.

It's a good thing that boy is so goddamned good in the sack.




I have two stress-inducing family events this weekend. The first is my cousin's (on Mom's side) wedding reception (notice how I didn't say wedding? That's because thanks to her Mormon religion, the rest of her non-Mormon family aren't allowed in the church), which is going to be about a hundred lunatic Mormons and my parents, sister and me. I am all about religious freedom, people, but I have some issues with this particular group. And that's all I have to say about that.

The second event is another cousin's (on real Dad's side) baby shower. I used to be super-close to this side of my family, but now I only see them a couple of times a year, and I find myself judging them more and more. Which I don't like to admit, but it's the truth. But they live up to most of the white trash stereotypes... Which isn't bad necessarily. It's more funny than anything else. They're good people, and would give me every dime they had if I really needed it. I guess I can't ask for more than that, right?




Today was Kay's son RAM's 5th birthday, which I can not believe. Time is flying by!! That little kid is the closest thing to my own kid as I think I'll ever get, and I love the shit out of him. We went to dinner at this bbq restaurant that he loves (it's called Lucille's, but he calls it "The Flying Pig" because there is a pig hanging from the ceiling in the bar. See how fucking awesome this kid is??). I adore that little angelface.


My AOL date flaked. Fucker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home