Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Woo. Happy birthday to me.

Today's my birthday. I have really come to loathe the whole birthday deal.

I really used to enjoy celebrating my birthday, but the older I get, it's not so fun. See, after a long, terrible, dibilatating battle with lung cancer, my grandmother was buried on my 20th birthday. Losing her was just about the most horrible thing ever - aside from losing my uncle (her son) to the very same disease, when I was 15. Those two events shaped my life in a way no other events have since, or probably ever will. Fucking cancer.




I was really hoping Jason would come over here and stick it to me for my birthday, but that doesn't appear to be happening, seeing as how it's 10:26 p.m. and I am sitting here typing instead of getting laid. In fact, I haven't even heard from him today. He didn't even wish me a happy birthday, the bastard.

It's 10:41. I need some action, damn it.




Speaking of getting some action, Sunday night I saw The Hot Egyptian. I haven't seen him in months, and I got a little agressive when we were chatting online and told him to get over to my place. Man, that guy is fucking hot. Way hotter than I ever thought this fat girl would get. He is yummy.

Unfortunately, his hot ass face and body are just about the extent of my attraction to him. He is 28 years old, lives with his sister and brother-in-law, still lets his family run his life, refuses to get serious with anyone but a nice Egyptian girl (because his parents will cut him off if he brings home a non-Egyptian), and is super-religious. I don't have any problem with people who are religious, it's just not necessarily my thing. I don't want to be in a relationship with him anymore than he does with me, but we still have some fun every now and then.

I might as well have some sort of fun while I am searching for that one good, decent man all of my girlfriends keep telling me is out there.

Lying bitches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home