Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Surprise parties and surprise break-ups.

Today was a pleasant surprise for me. I got a call from Kay, telling me to cancel my semi-blind date, but she wouldn't tell me why. So, I called the guy, and told him I couldn't do dinner, so he suggested just meeting for coffee early in the day. I think coffee is the perfect thing for a blind date, so I was all for it. That way, if one of us is not into the other, we're only out an hour or so.

I met him at a Starbucks near my office, which is just a block from the beach, so we could grab our coffee and take a little walk and see the ocean, which I love. And, it was a gorgeous day, so it was nice. It was... ok. I wouldn't say it was bad, but it wasn't good either. I think the fact that we've been partying the two or three times we have met each other made it a little awkward, because I am not the same drunk as I am sober, let alone in the nerve-wracking first date scenario. So the conversation was a little bit forced, and he's not very talkative, which isn't real good when you're trying to get to know someone. I would ask all the dumb first date questions, and he would give me one word answers. He also only asked maybe one or two questions for every five that I asked him. So, you can imagine how that was... but he's super smart (brainy makes my nipples hard!!), he's nice, and he's cute, too. So we exchanged all the contact info (cell numbers, emails, messenger id's), and decided we would talk this week and make plans for the weekend to do dinner and a movie. Hopefully with a glass of wine or two, I can get this guy to talk.




My Mom called me and told me that my Grandma left something for me at her house, and that I should come and get it before they left for a party at four. So, on my way home from the date, I stopped by my Mom's, only to be surprised with a little dinner party for me with my family and my immediate group of friends: Kay, her husband DMX, their son RAM (who is my own little piece of heaven on Earth), The Good Girl, her man DB, Angela, her dipshit husband Barney (that's his REAL name), their new baby Jack, my sister Jackie and her retard boyfriend, and lastly Briton, who everyone keeps trying to push me to get with, only because we like alot of the same dorky shit, and we're already friends in the same group, so it makes it easier for everyone. Well, easier for everyone except he and I, considering neither one of us is even remotely attracted to the other.

I couldn't believe my Mom went to all the work of cooking all of that food for me!! She doesn't really like to entertain too much, so I was really shocked. Man, that shit was good.

Then my Mom and Dad made this toast that actually brought me to tears, which I don't do often - at least not in front of all of my friends, that was really very nice. I am so lucky to have the parents I have. I bitch and moan about them a lot, but when it comes right down to it, they're alright.

So, the food was fantastic, the dirty martinis were flowing, and many, many laughs were had. It was a great time. Well, it was good for everyone except DMX, because once my Mom's had a few, she looooves him, and kisses on him shamelessly. It's hilarious.

RAM, who I just can't say enough wonderful things about, calls me TT. Kay always called me "auntie" to him, and when he was learning to talk, he could only say TT, so it stuck. And now, even though he's five, and knows the word auntie and knows my name is Andria, he still calls me TT.

So, he comes up to me, and whispers in my ear that he has something for me. He pulls this little piece of paper out of his pocket and gives it to me. I open it up, and it's a heart, and inside he drew two people. He wrote his name above the boy, and TT above the girl. You've got to be a heartless motherfucker not to love that. My Mom jokes that I don't want to have a kid because I know I could never love it as much as I love that kid. She may be right. I adore him. And not in a Michael Jackson kind of way.




Alright. Enough of that crap.

I think I may have inadvertently "broken up"(if you can call it that since we're not even a couple) with Jason. Dammit.

We had another day of sexed up emailing while he was at work last Sunday, and then he tells me "maybe" he'll call me later that night to come over. Jason loves to tease, so he says maybe, even though we both know he's going to be over later. Well... when I didn't hear from him by ten, I called him and he didn't pick up. Man, was I pissed. You have no idea how turned on and worked up he gets me all day, and I am so ready for him to come over and give it to me, and then... nothing. I fucking hate that.

So, I do exactly what I shouldn't have done, and write him an email. Basically, it said I didn't want to do the whole teasing bit anymore, because lately I have ended up getting nothing at the end of the day, so it wasn't really fun anymore.

Well, he took that ALL wrong. He took that to mean that I didn't like the little sex games we play(which I do, by the way), and that I was somehow rejecting him. We had this fight a few months ago when I told him I didn't want to be tied up, or blindfolded, or use any toys, or any of the usual stuff we do. This one time I wanted JUST HIM, and he got really offended for some reason. Jesus, this guy is moody when it comes to this shit. For a guy I am "not in a relationship" with, he sure acts like we are sometimes.

I just want a normal fucking man, who won't act like a retard all the time. I mean, seriously, is that too much to ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home