Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Dear Asshole...

Ok, I have spent too much time focusing on the shitstain that dissed me a couple of weeks ago after we hung out. I hate to admit that this guy is stuck in my head, and has affected me in such a way. So, since I have no way to get a hold of him now, I am going to use this diary to write him a little note:

Dear Jerkass,

I am not happy to admit that I am thinking of you this long after we met. I am not happy that you made me feel less strong than I am; needy and stupid. I am not happy to admit that I wish in spite of my anger, that you would call or email me and let me know that you're alive, and you were trapped in a well for 2 1/2 weeks, and that's why you couldnt' call me. Most of all, I am not happy because you turned out to be just like every other shithead guy I have dated lately. And I was so convinced you weren't.

Guys like you make me sick. You earn my confidence, and engage me in hours of conversation. Intimate and personal conversations. I confess to feeling lonely, and lost, and frustrated, and sometimes hopeless. You confess all of the same things to me. You use my vulnerability against me, by telling me that you had not thought about being in another relationship until you met me, that I was in your thoughts all the time, and that you couldn't wait to talk to me every day.

We share all of the things we have in common. The same bands, the same movies, the same stupid jokes. You impress me with your sweet and sensitive nature. You open up and tell me personal things in such a casual way that suggests we have a lifelong intimate relationship.

We meet. We talk, we kiss, we lay next to each other - kissing, talking, touching... holding each other all night. You tell me that you can't wait to be back, and to be in my bed next to me every night.

WHY GO THROUGH ALL OF THAT FUCKING SHIT IF YOU DON'T INTEND TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON A GODDAMNED THING???? I don't understand. I really don't get it. Is this some game you play? Are you really that much of a prick? I suppose I already know the answer to that one.

You have made me feel foolish. That won't happen again. You blew it. Big time. Dick.

Have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home