Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

It's Alive! Its...it's alive!

Well, I am alive and survived my surgery, people.

And I am sore as fuck, man.

The last seven days have been something of a blur, due to copious amounts of every pain killer imagineable, but I can tell you I will be a happy girl once this recovery is over.

On a funny surgery note, I now have the dubious distinction of being the first patient to curse in the operating room. When the anethesiologist gave me my epidural, and they put the mask on with the gas to put me out, the nurse asked "do you feel relaxed, Andria?"

To which I replied, "Fuck yeah I am." Nice, Andria.

Who knew I could score a laugh at that moment?

Thank god I am home now, after seven painful days of bad television and annoying nurses. Although, I must admit I have become highly amused my some Mexican morning "Regis & Kelly"-type show, whose name escapes me. But it's some pretty funny shit.

I am stuck at my Mother's house for a week (god help me), since she thinks I am a complete invalid and must be supervised and catered to 24/7, which is not the case at all. But I have no choice at this point, unfortunately.

Sigh.

Someone save me. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home