Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

My Mom's drunker than your mom.

So, apparently, surgery makes you crazy. I have been in a pretty good mood this whole time, and Friday night, I just burst into tears, and couldn't stop. For like two hours. Then it did stop, and I was fine again. Tonight, same thing. Except it was only for like a half hour this time. Maybe it's the drugs I am on... I don't know, but I am starting to feel a little nutty (more so than usual).

I was told to blame everything on the drugs for as long as I can get away with it, so dammit, that's what I am going to do.

It was the drugs, people.



Last night I had a great evening of watching The Doors with my Mom while she got hammered, and then began to cry and tell me, "I am so proud of you for doing this all on your own", and blah blah blah. Then she started in on the same speech she gives me everytime we're alone and she's had about eight too many. "You know, I loved your [real] Dad. I just couldn't live with him." Duh. She has probably told me that 15,000 times growing up. I am 31. I get it.

It's not so fun to be sober and stuck in the room with your drunk ass Mother. All my friends think it's hilarious that my Mom's a partier.

I just think it's embarrassing. Sure it's all fun and games til you're watching your Mom hose down her third or fourth cosmo and dance to "Love Shack" like it's her last moment on Earth. It's a bad scene.

I am hoping to actually be out the Donna Reed grip my Mother has on me soon, and back to my little apartment in the hood. I haven't even seen one police helicopter since I've been here. I don't know what the hell to do with myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home