Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

It's just wrong.

Today, while shopping for CD's I saw something that I have seen more and more of lately. Fat girls in low-rise pants. It's just not right, people. Unless you're a size two or smaller, they are really NOT flattering at all. As a fat chick myself, I understand the desire to be fashionable, but at some point some common sense has to enter into the picture. It's all kinds of wrong.



In more traumatic news, I witnessed something so awful that it is burned in my memory.

I went over to my parents' house to pick up some gifts I left behind from yesterday. I walked in, as I always do, and noticed my Mom and Dad were nowhere to be found. I walked toward the back of the house where the family room is, and still nothing. It was then that I heard the most ear-splitting sound a child can hear: her parents having sex.
I can not even express to you the shock and awe that was going through my mind at that moment. My parents room is just above the family room, and I could hear everything. As quickly and quietly as I could, I turned around and ran out of the house and got in my car.

Now, I know my parents have sex. But I don't need to know about it. I don't want to hear how good my Dad is sticking it to my Mother anymore than my Dad wants to know what goes on in my own personal life (which my cat was nice enough to point out to him by batting around a condom wrapper she found under the bed when he was here once).

Man, that was all bad. I did not need to hear my 50 year-old parents' bed slamming up against the wall.

I am ruined.



I hope your Christmas was wonderful, and you got all that you wanted.

God knows I got much, much more than I asked for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home