Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Friday, August 11, 2006

The return of the pink.

Well, here I am, back at Blogger.

I don't like those stupid halo scan comments. Some people can't open them, and I'm not quite ready to fork over any money to Diaryland, so I'm using my blogger page for now.




Sometimes I think the people I work with are going to make my head explode.

And by explode, I don't mean they're all sitting around with liquid chemicals that are going to turn my Gatorade into a bomb, I mean they're going to drive me fucking crazy.

Aside from the fact that they're all grown adults who don't know how to:

  • change a roll of toilet paper

  • change a roll of paper towels

  • clean up the dishes they mess up

  • clean up their disgusting food mess that's all over the counter

  • leave me the fuck alone when I'm trying to read on my lunch break

  • stop talking to me like I give a shit that her insane dad sent a 14-page letter to everyone in her family telling them how batshit crazy she is (care to venture a guess on who this is?)

  • stop nit-picking every stupid thing of every stupid day, but then let $145,000 bank errors occur without knowing it until the retarded RECEPTIONIST (c'est moi) reconciles the bank statement,


  • they're also a bunch of useless suck-ups. Yesterday was Mr. Big Shot's birthday, and the line of people to shove their nose up his ass and wish him a happy birthday was around the block. As soon as our phone system turned on, it was ringing off the hook from people calling. There are people who haven't called in nine or ten months, but made sure that they called him today to stay on his good side.

    It was like the opening scene in "The Godfather", with everyone waiting to see him and kiss his ring.

    I am not a kiss-ass. I didn't run in to scream "Happy birthday!! You're the best boss ever, please don't fire me, have I told you how great you look today, and have you lost weight? This is the best job ever!!!" Instead, I said "good morning", like I do every day when I pass him in the kitchen. Then Trophy Wife came in and started telling me about how hungover she was from the birthday dinner the night before, and I made some dumb joke about celebrating his birthday.

    And frankly, that was way more involvement than I wanted to have.

    But when Celestia asked me if I wished him a happy birthday, her eyes almost bugged out her head when she found out that I didn't. I mean, I didn't even wish my own [real] father happy birthday, why would I do it for someone who just learned my name in the last year (even though I've been here 5+ years)? I show up for work every day, and I don't steal from the company. That's good enough, in his eyes.

    I've also been bored to tears the last week or two. There are about two weeks a month where I have absolutely NOTHING to do, and all my bosses know this, but none of them are willing to hand off tasks to me to fill up my day. This week, I've played 195 games of FreeCell. Actually, I've played many more, but I decided at one point to start playing in order to see how many games I can play while I'm at work doing nothing.

    I don't like not having anything to do. I can only read emails and my gossip sites so much before I go blind with boredom.

    Even though I have nothing to do most days except answer the phone, I still got a 9% salary increase, so I guess I can't complain too much (yeah, I can. 9% of not-very-much is still not-very-much).




    *Knitting update*

    After many hours, and watching the video of the girl doing it (not that "it", you freaks) on knittinghelp over and over and over for an hour, I figured out how to do double cast-on!

    Now I don't have to jab my own eyes out with the needles, because if I didn't learn something, I would have. Before this weekend is over, I will have made progress, people.

    I must!




    Hmmm.

    My fingers just started peeling randomly yesterday.

    Skin just suddenly coming off is normal, right?

    8 Comments:

    At August 11, 2006 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Okay, I am going to try to send you my Haloscan code. Hopefully it will work for you, because the Pink is blinding me. And skin usually peels randomly off of callouses, so callouses on your fingers = ...? (wink wink!)

     
    At August 11, 2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Miss Violet said...

    I would like to read this 14-page letter. Can you get your hands on it? XO Violet

     
    At August 11, 2006 2:56 PM, Blogger andria said...

    Violet, you have no idea how badly I want to get my hands on that letter. She read me a few sections today, and it's painfully clear that she comes from a loooong line of wackos.

     
    At August 11, 2006 3:40 PM, Blogger GoingLoopy said...

    Oooh, steal it. And post it. Or at least e-mail it to us.

    I can't believe you're back at blogger. *sigh* Of course, I say this, and since my Supergold expires this month, and I'm just a hair broke (all my stupid cases settled and now I don't get happy fun trial overtime, dammit), I may have to abdicate.

    I hope not.

    I don't have the patience for that shit.

     
    At August 11, 2006 4:50 PM, Blogger warcrygirl said...

    SQUEEE!!!! I can comment again! Now I don't have to sit in the corner with my knees drawn to my chest, rocking and humming mindlessly to myself cuz frankly it was scary the kids.

    And just so you know, my birthday is in 3 months EXACTLY. You can start lining up now.

     
    At August 11, 2006 4:50 PM, Blogger warcrygirl said...

    SCARING the kids. Geez.

     
    At August 11, 2006 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I loved your "Happy birthday!! You're the best boss ever, please don't fire me, have I told you how great you look today, and have you lost weight? This is the best job ever!!!" thing. I always refused to do that bullshit either. Of course I now live in abject poverty, but at least my nose isn't brown.

     
    At August 11, 2006 7:49 PM, Blogger Saru-San said...

    What's weird is that when you said, "Care to venture a guess on who this is?" I knew I knew who it was but the name didn't come to me because the template is different. It's like the template of a diary is the face of the diarist, and you have a different face on. That's... well, it's weird. That's all.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home