Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

OMG WTF?

Thanks to everyone for their words of support in me putting myself even further into debt so my cranky cat can live. He's still at the hospital, and the doctor says he might be able to come home tomorrow. I hope so. My house feels empty without his furry big ass laying around all the time.



Awwww. Isn't he precious in a "get that camera out of my fucking face you've taken 8451456478974564 pictures of me already today" kind of way?

Don't judge my unmade bed. And that comforter is now a lovely shade of gray, thanks to many washings with bleach to kill pee smells.

And I got a carrier (top loading - thanks Loopy!) to take him home in so he can't escape while I'm driving. No more claws in my boobs, thank you very much.




I cried like a little whimpering sissy at the end of "Six Feet Under" on Sunday. I'm not going to go into detail since I got yelled at last time, but I will say that I thought the ending was perfect. I watched the last part of it again tonight and cried just as hard.

People like Alan Ball make me sickeningly envious of their talents.




Ok. So, since I am not above using my own glaring humiliations to entertain you monkeys, I am going to regale all of you with yet another dating tale, courtesy of my pride and dignity.

About two months ago, I met this guy Dave online. He was nice, and funny. I wasn't particularly impressed with his picture, but he called me all the time and wanted to see me, so we set a date.

We planned on watching "Napoleon Dynamite"(his favorite movie - not mine, but I'll deal with it) and hanging out. We sat and talked for a long time. Then, while we were watching the movie, he jumped closer to me and started kissing me. It was nice at first, but as soon as he started using his tongue, he just jammed it down my throat and started doing this jackhammer-type thing that was not appealing. Or arousing. Or good. Or anything.

He started to really get into it, so I stopped him and told him that he may as well stop right then, because it wasn't going any further (my new-found principles). He said it was cool, and kept kissing me. Being a makeout whore, I wasn't about to turn that down. Well, as this went on, he started kissing my neck.

Uh-oh. That's my spot. My "it's going to be really hard to keep my clothes on if you keep doing that there" spot. I kept wriggling around to get him to stop, but as soon as he realized what effect it had on me, he zeroed in on it, and went crazy. Finally, after about twenty minutes, I had to tell him to stop. So he did, and we just watched the rest of the movie, and talked a little, and then I told him I was tired, and that I had to get up for work early.

Later on, I went to brush my teeth and wash my make up off, and I was horrified by what I saw.

Fucking hickies.

I am 31 years old. I managed to go my whole life without stupid hickies anywhere on me. I had no idea what to do. I couldn't call in sick to work, because it was a Friday, and no one believes you when you call in sick on a Friday. Not ever having had them, I had no idea how long they would last, so I foolishly hoped that they would fade by morning. And I woke up almost every hour to check on them.

No change.

So, I bit the bullet, and decided the only thing I could do was try to disguise these hideous makeout scars. So, even though it was hot all week, and was supposed to be hot that day, I wore a goddamn turtleneck. But, in perfect "hahahaha! Andria, I laugh at you!" fashion, the turtleneck I have is sleeveless, and I always wear this black sweater over it.

Turtleneck + sweater + hot fucking summer weather = Andria dead in a pool of her own sweat.

As soon as I got to work, Celestia noticed immediately that I was not dressed for the weather.

"Why are you wearing a turtleneck? It's supposed to be like 90 today!"

...

"Um..."

So, as fast as I could, I came up with the flimsiest excuse I could.

"I used this perfumed lotion, and I broke out. I must be allergic or something."

"Man, that sucks!"

"Yeah, I know." So I went to my desk, already hot as hell at 8:30 in the morning, dreading the day I had ahead of me, knowing that I was going to have to tell my perfumed lotion allergy story 100 times. And, to add a little tiny bit of believability to this bullshit story, every once in a while I would scratch my neck and arms and groan uncomfortably.

And the Academy Award for best actress trying to hide the fact that she's a whore who made out like a horny teenager with some guy she wasn't even really attracted to to begin with is... Andria!

What was worse was my shithead friends later on that night making fun of me mercilessly all night long for it.

Eh, I'd have done the same if one of my dimwit friends had a bunch of hickies, too.

Cause I'm nice like that.

20 Comments:

At August 24, 2005 5:36 AM, Blogger OneMoreSnooze said...

Awwww... poor Ike. Damn animals. They destroy our hearts and our checkbooks. I'm glad he's on the mend soon, and don't beat yourself up about it -- animals are very stoic when it comes to pain. Re: "the spot" -- me too! But.. uhm... hickeys? bwahahahahahah, you horny teenager, you! Another good cover up: "I dropped my curling iron on my neck. Uhm. Several times."

 
At August 24, 2005 6:46 AM, Blogger GoingLoopy said...

You would think that, by the time they get into their thirties, they would understand how NOT to do that...and further, that fair skin + hickies = weeks of turtlenecks.

 
At August 24, 2005 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chika, don't think that curling iron angle didn't occur to me. Stupid boys.

Loopy, no shit. Those stupid things took forever to disppear.

 
At August 24, 2005 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would have thought that a guy who had a jackhammer kissing technique would have left a mark on your neck after kissing it for 20 minutes?

Here's another strange cooincidence... the word verification word that I had to type in to post this comment was 'hickey.' What are the odds?

 
At August 24, 2005 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, it must hurt you to be such a smartass to me all the time when you're so clearly in love with me (and why wouldn't you be?).

And, I can't be held responsible for his actions. I was to busy concentrating on not putting out to realize what was happening.

I'm a victim!

 
At August 24, 2005 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe - I kid because I <#

And the word verification this time? 'billwon.' Interesting that even the computer knows...

 
At August 24, 2005 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <# too, dear.

And you know what the word verification said for me?

billsoncrack

Huh. Talk about the computer knowing...

 
At August 24, 2005 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DK, I know the sheets clash (those are fill-in sheets for the real ones). The sheets that did match, however, are now purple, pink, white, and red, thanks to bleach.

I thought the whole episode was good, especially the last ten minutes.

And, if I didn't have the verification thingy, I would have a ton of spam comments (the one thing that sucks about blogger).

 
At August 24, 2005 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

verification word: evenacrackheadknowsthatbillbeatandriaat80smusictrivia

Man, that was a long one! And a step that people don't have to take on diaryland... quit your little blog experiment and come home already...

 
At August 24, 2005 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, anonymous. You didn't put your name so I have NO IDEA who you might be.

This isn't a blog experiment, dear. Diaryland stole my money, and won't fucking give it back.

 
At August 24, 2005 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DK, I can't get my own website. I'm just poor white trash. Sheesh!

 
At August 24, 2005 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, my blog budget has been all used up for the year. And, I am not moving anymore freakin entries to any new website anytime soon... that is NOT fun.

 
At August 24, 2005 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrea, thanks for the nice comment! I totally stole it; glad to pass it on! hehe

Hickeys - I'm a redhead...bleh

Good to know Ike is feeling better. Its not fun when the furry ones are AWOL.

Entries - I'm broke, and cheap and lazy...so I guess I'm at Diaryland for the nonce.

 
At August 25, 2005 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spam factor is high.

 
At August 25, 2005 7:50 AM, Blogger warcrygirl said...

Ha, one time in high school I DID burn my neck with a curling iron and everyone thought it was a hickey, which mortified me because at that time I was pretty much afraid of my own shadow. And the jackhammer-tongue thingy? You're a better hoar than I; I can't stand men who can't kiss. If you're going to jackhammer me just lick me where I pee.

 
At August 25, 2005 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop Pretending you don't love the jackhammer mouth-fucking you recieved from Devastatin Dave(C) (courtesy of Dusty). You know he was Mad-Sexy.

BTW- How much of a pain in the ass was moving all of your archives?

My confirmation was ThankGodPimpGotOffHisAssAndUpdated. Weird.

 
At August 25, 2005 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pimp, "jackhammer mouth-fucking"...nice. You go away for a month and come back a potty mouth. Sweet!

Moving over the archives wasn't so bad because I only had 170 entries.

Man, everyone is bailing on Diaryland...

 
At August 26, 2005 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man..Hickies in the middle of summer are hard to hide. Turtlenecks in hot weather sucks too..I know this from my college days in Florida. ugh. But it sounds like you had a really fun night! I'm glad your cat is doing better, (He's cute). I want to see the end of "Six feet under" too..I love that show. I think it's honestly the most brilliant show television has to offer these days. hands down.

 
At August 26, 2005 11:09 AM, Blogger The Queen said...

First off, I heart Pirate's Booty. Mmm, I buy the generic kind of Trader Joe's all the time for $1.49, too. Also, I heart that big, fat cat of yours. He is adorable. I switched my kitties to low calorie food. Not sure if that is a great idea considering one eats like a pig and the other is nearly emaciated, but hmmm. And thank you for not spoiling "Six Feet Under." I am dying to see all the episodes I missed - which I will finally get a chance to see this weekend. Have a good one, by the way! Oh, also, I have a Blogger identity, too (The Queen), which I will sign with right now so that you know it is me. I am thinking of making the big jump from D-land to blogspot. I am weighing the options right now. xoxo - me (MozAngeles at D-land)

 
At August 27, 2005 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, thanks for making me laugh..I love you! xoxoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home