Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Revenge of the nerds.

About a million years ago, I used to work in child care. As a child care provider, you're not supposed to play favorites, or treat some kids better or worse than others. But I totally did. I admit it. I treated all the kids in my group way better than the other kids because they didn't act like senseless, loud little assholes like most of the other kids whose group leaders and parents didn't give two shits about their behavior.

One such little asshole was an older kid named Phillip. When I started, Phillip was eleven years old, and a complete nerd. He wore his pants hiked all the way up his waist, so that you could see his socks, and he used to chew on his clothes (yeah, really). He had a sister named Andrea, so he always came in, snotty nose running, and would tell me, "You're my sister! Hahahahahahaha!!!! She's my sister Andrea! Hahahahahaha!!!!" Over and over and over. Real fucking funny. Or he would regale everyone with his Urkel impression, and just go around yelling "Hi dee ho, Winslows!" GodDAMN, this kid was annoying.

That was in 1994.

Today, I had to pick my sister up at the YMCA, where she works. And, since that's where I used to work when I started in daycare, there are a few people I always stop in and say hi to. I was standing at the counter talking to the receptionist, and I saw this GORGEOUS guy walk in. So, so pretty this boy was. So there I was, drooling like a moron, when my sister walked up. She saw me staring at the cute boy, and told me that he worked out there all the time, and that she had talked to him a few times.

A few minutes later, I was involved in conversation with my old boss, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and there was the hot guy, smiling at me. I looked at him for a minute, and didn't say anything. I had a bottle of water, and right as I took a drink, this hot, young, gorgeous tan, built man said in a high, nasally voice, "Hi dee ho, Winslows!" Water shot out of my mouth, out of my nose, and I am pretty sure some even shot out of my ears. I nearly choked. It was Phillip, 21 years old.

I felt a little R. Kelly-ish for having lusty thoughts about someone I knew when he was eleven. I just can not believe for what a dork he was, what a huge stud he turned into. And, he's going to school to become an engineer, so at least he's not an idiot anymore. I wish my sister would hook up with him instead of that dipshit boyfriend she's got now.




Hey, one good thing did come of those dopey MTV video awards. Suge Knight got shot at Kanye West's after party.

He'll live, though.

Darn.




And, proving once again that my damn commentors are funnier than me, Rocky wrote a little poem about my new boyfriend Lisa.

There once was a man named Lisa.
Andria's ass, he wanted a piece-a.
He's stuck in Bangladesh
Before he can get fresh
He needs to score a visa.

Hehehe.




I have listened to that song "Breathe Me" (the song that played during the last sequence in the final episode of "Six Feet Under") about 85231548 times in the last week. I am totally obsessed with it.




What's with the anonymous commentors? Do you want to torment me with your anonymity? Do you just not want to admit in public that you read this shit?

WHY?!

What.ever.

32 Comments:

At August 30, 2005 7:28 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

HAHAHHHAHA I worked in childcare for a while too...and it's hard not to pick favourites, especially when some kids are so obnoxious you want to kick them while others are so angelic and sweet. what an amusing turn of events though...that wanna-be Urkel turned out to be a stud...somewhere out there, Irony's having a snicker or two...

 
At August 30, 2005 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call on everyone who leaves a comment today to do it anonymously just to drive Andria nuts. Perhaps we can leave clues as to who we are - just to see if she can figure it out... Hopefully she won't pound me for coming up with this idea. hehehe.

 
At August 30, 2005 8:36 AM, Blogger andria said...

GODDAMN YOU.

And, just as soon as I figure out who the hell you are, you're in for it. ;)

 
At August 30, 2005 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee hee. one more anony-mouse... Hey how's the furball? what's the poop status?

 
At August 30, 2005 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a clue in the first anonymous message as to who wrote it... But I doubt I am really in for it. You have not been able to beat me at anything else. Hehehe.

 
At August 30, 2005 8:42 AM, Blogger andria said...

Ike never had any problems pooping. His problem was peeing. Everywhere. He peed on my bathroom rug last night, but the doctor assured me that it could take time for the infection to go away, and that it could happen a few more times, but if it happens after more than five or seven days, he has to go back.

And then I resort to prostitution to pay for it.

Anony-mouse bastard...

 
At August 30, 2005 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone post as anonymous? BRILLIANT! Wow, it takes BALLS to do that...

 
At August 30, 2005 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I was thinking of that but I was too lazy to do it when I first read her post back when there were no comments a couple of hours ago. I totally missed out.

 
At August 30, 2005 8:44 AM, Blogger andria said...

Bill and Warcry, you both suck.

And Bill, I knew it was you... you know you got beat. Give it up, dear. Admit defeat and move on. Really. <#

 
At August 30, 2005 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First you say "And, just as soon as I figure out who the hell you are, you're in for it." and then you say "And Bill, I knew it was you..." Which one sounds like it may not be the truth... Hmmm... :-) <#

 
At August 30, 2005 8:53 AM, Blogger andria said...

Bill, I knew it was you because, like a third grader, you choose to show your blinding love for me by trying to irritate me.

DUH. ;)

 
At August 30, 2005 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we all know that Bill's the only juvenile person to read Andria's blog. The rest would never think about pulling a practical joke on her! :-)

 
At August 30, 2005 9:40 AM, Blogger GoingLoopy said...

Screw hooking up nerd-turned-stud with your sister. Do him yourself. Silly hoar. ;)

And, since I am the nicest person in the whole wide world, I'm going to leave my name. *light reflects off halo*

 
At August 30, 2005 9:52 AM, Blogger andria said...

Anonymous, you hoar.

Loopy, you're the only one getting a Christmas present. And I could never hook up with Phillip. The last time I saw him he was 13. That's all I'd think about. That's a little too Roman Polansky for this girl.

 
At August 30, 2005 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOAR

 
At August 30, 2005 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come I don't get any credit for my anon posting yesterday?

 
At August 30, 2005 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha. You're in love with Urkel.

 
At August 30, 2005 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DK is right.

 
At August 30, 2005 12:33 PM, Blogger andria said...

You all fucking suck. :)

If I didn't know I would do the same thing if some other jackass said they didn't like anonymous commenters, I'd hate you all. ;)

 
At August 30, 2005 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I wish I would have been nicer to Bill Gates. I would have been driving a 2006 Mercedes convertible instead of a rusty, old 1993 Ford Tempo. See, I guess you have to be nice to baby nerds. It might pay off someday.

 
At August 30, 2005 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, about how many different anons do you think are here today?

Go on, guess. I dare ya.

 
At August 30, 2005 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... waiting for andria's head to explode ...

 
At August 30, 2005 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice that Andria is still ignoring DK? Even after DK has Andria's love bought and paid for by numerous copied CDs.

 
At August 30, 2005 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Revenge of the anonymous?

 
At August 30, 2005 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I may never figure out who that last anonymous poster is.

And, you bastards, you're going to have to do better than that to get my precious head to explode. Like... make me go to a Black Eyed Peas concert. That might do it.

 
At August 30, 2005 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you should go to the Knitting Factory in Hollywood some Tuesday night. One of my favourite musicians, Chris Murray, hosts Bluebeat Lounge there each Tuesday.

Knitting Factory - 7021 Hollywood Blvd.

Chris Murray

 
At August 30, 2005 2:01 PM, Blogger GoingLoopy said...

...I agree with DK. 21 is old enough to drink, therefore, it's old enough to boink. When she's done with him, she can send him to OKC. ;)

 
At August 30, 2005 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that she's come over here, Andria never reads or comments at my ol' diaryland site anymore. It's sad.

 
At August 30, 2005 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... first of all, I still read ALL my diaryland babies. So shutup. And second, if you don't say who you are, how will I know what flimsy excuse to offer you of why I haven't commented lately?

I hate all of you anonymous peckerheads. :)

Ok, not really. This is pretty entertaining, actually. So there.

 
At August 30, 2005 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone noticed that Andria is responding to all the Anonymous jerkoffs but continues to ignore poor lonely little DK?

 
At August 30, 2005 3:49 PM, Blogger andria said...

Wow, anonymous, you sure care about "poor lonely little DK" getting ignored in the comments.

And, hey, I'm the only one that gets to call me readers jerkoffs.

Jerkoff. :)

 
At August 30, 2005 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Andria, I've loved you since I was 11. I was also doing my sister, but I liked you better.

If I lick you where you pee will you read me a bedtime story?

*kisses*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home