Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

I <3 Tom Brady.

Today I was stood up. I am not pleased about this. I can not possibly imagine the reason he will give me for not showing up. That I don’t care about. The unforgivable part is him not calling to tell me. He let me get all dolled up, and then sit around… and wait. And wait. And wait.

I can not tolerate people who do things like this. I hate men that play games and who lie. These kind of men make me bitter, which in turn makes it harder for me to trust the next one.

Fucker.






While I was waiting, there was a knock at my door. Expecting it to be the date, I happily opened it, smiling, only to be greeted by some Jesus freak and her son. She told me that all of the crimes, and wars, and injustices of today’s world were foretold in book blah, blah, blah, blah, and then went to start reading to me from her bible. I cut her off, and politely said that I wasn’t interested and didn’t want to waste her time. Nice enough, right?

Wrong. She looked at me scornfully, then turned to her son, who jumped the step onto my porch and said “Ma’am, do you not have time to hear the word of Jesus Christ?” First of all, don’t fucking call me ma’am. I am 31. My grandmother is a ma’am. Ass.

“I’m sorry, I’m really not interested.” I started to close my door, and the guy actually stuck his foot in the door to stop me.

“Ma’am.” Again with the fucking ma’am. “It is written in the bible that those who do not heed the word of the lord will suffer. For eternity. It is called damnation.”

My parents aren’t religious, and never forced me to go to church, so I have no clue if it says that in the bible or not. I have never read the bible, and quite possibly never will. But I am pretty sure good old J.C. isn’t going to make me spend the rest of eternity in hell because I didn’t want to listen to some lunatic and her son reading bible verses, when all I really wanted to do was get back to Nick and Jessica try to out-stupid and out-pretty each other. I probably should go to hell for watching shit like Newlyweds, but I’m a sucker, what can I say?






I had a bunch of gift cards to Best Buy leftover from Christmas, so I decided to go get some new music. Not entirely sure what I wanted, I just browsed for a while. Then I noticed that all the CD’s were either 9.99 or 13.99. Except for U2’s new record. It was 19.99. WTF? I would never pay twenty dollars for ELEVEN songs, and I don’t know where the hell U2 gets off charging their fans that much money for their records. And the industry doesn’t understand why people don’t want to pay for music.






I am looking forward to the Super Bowl party tomorrow, most especially because Tom Brady is a hot piece of ass, and I really want the Patriots to kick the Eagles’ asses. All my guy friends hate Tom Brady, so that just makes me root even more for them. Plus, he is fucking HOT!!! And at the end of the day, that’s really the only reason I watch sports anyways.

GO PATRIOTS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home