Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

No clever title.


In this world of online journaling, I find it amazing that I can get so wrapped up in the lives of people I don’t know. Sure, some of my diary buddies I chat with outside of the diary itself, and consider them friends, but I even find myself consumed in the diaries of people I have never communicated with.

One of my favorite diarists was dealt a crushing blow this morning, and as I was reading his entry, I felt my own heart sink a little as I read his words.

People, under the guise of anonymity, reveal so much of themselves here. Insecurity, infidelity, unhappiness, etc., only to have a community of strangers reach out and offer their words of support and encouragement.

I couldn’t even begin to try to attempt to come up with the words to offer someone who just lost someone they love, yet, I feel like I need to reach out to this person who I don’t know in some way.

I can’t explain it.

I hope he doesn’t stay away too long.


Jesus, I don’t even know how to segue from that.

Here’s a feeble attempt.

Tonight, I am looking forward to a movie I tivo’d the other night. I will be salivating and poking fun at “Riding the bus with my sister,” the tv movie in which Rosie O’Donnell plays a retard.

Fanfuckingtastic. It doesn’t get much better than that, people.


I think I may be officially starting the “Stone The Runaway Bride” campaign. I am serious. Bury her to her head and let people throw rocks at her.

She deserves it.

Spread the word!


New Weezer in seven days.

God, I really am a dork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home