Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

White Smoke Watch 2005


So, finally, “White Smoke Watch 2005” is over. They elected a new pope.

Yay.

What the fuck? The guy they elected is 78 years old. Wouldn’t common sense tell you to put someone who won’t die tomorrow, forcing yet another nail-biting conclave?

I also read that the new pope, Benedict XVIXVIXXVIIXV was part of the Hitler Youth, and guarded concentration camps.

Nice.


Apparently, I am not the only one who has been in a funk lately. I go through cycles of depression, where I don’t want to deal with anyone or anything, and just sit around my apartment listening to really sappy music like Norah Jones or Sarah McLachlan, which may or may not be followed by sporadic bouts of crying.

This doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it’s not fun. I have tried to force myself to work through it and go on about my life as I normally would, going out and hanging out with my friends, but I have found that doesn’t really work for me. Plus, I am no fun to be around.

Sometimes I just need to sit in my house and feel like shit for a couple of days. Then, miraculously, something will happen, and the clouds part and I am better.

Something that *does* always make me feel better is RAM. And Kay knows this, so last night I was watching television, and there was a knock at my door. I opened the door, and it was RAM, holding a bunch of flowers he had picked from his yard and his Monsters, Inc. dvd (one of our favorite movies to watch together).

“TT, let’s hang out and watch this movie. I am sad, too, and this will make us laugh and feel all better.” Then he handed me the flowers, jumped up in my arms and told me he loved me.

It’s pretty hard to feel like shit after that.

Even if the little fucker did puke on me the day before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home