Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

It could bring a tear to a grown man's eye.


I know that you all must have been beside yourselves without my drivel-filled ramblings the last few days, but well, I just haven't felt very funny. That, and I have had bigger things on my mind recently.

My friend John died Tuesday.

I am handling it pretty well. I have received wonderful support from my friends, as well as spending some time with Sean, his boyfriend, and laughing about how silly the three of us were.

There's more about it here.

I got no sleep on Tuesday, had an emotional breakdown on Wednesday (which, in combination with my hormones raging from my period, DID NOT HELP people who had to deal with me on this day -my apologies), and feel pretty damned good today.

Fucking rollercoaster.


But, some funny things have happened in the last few days.

For instance, you know how to make a grown man cry?

Take a guess.

Give up?

Ok, I'll tell you. You repossess his BMW in front of everyone he works with while he wife yells about what a worthless piece of shit he is.

I was sitting at my desk, and I could hear the engine of a big diesel truck idling outside my building. This is not usual for our street, so I looked out the window.

"Hey, Junkie, come and look at this." My boss' junkie son was hanging out at our office, looking for YET ANOTHER rehab facility to check into.

"Oh, shit! They're gonna take that fuckin' beamer!"

There was a big truck carrying a load of BMWs, Porches, Volvos, and a Corvette, with one spot left open for the BMW parked on the street. A guy was sitting in the truck waiting, while another guy was looking all over the car for something. I assumed he was looking for a magnetic hide-a-key or something. He spent about fifteen or twenty minutes inspecting the car.

During this time, Junkie and I were on the balcony by my desk watching it all go down. We were laughing at the poor sucker who was stupid enough to leave his car parked on the street knowing that he was behind on his payments, and wondered if he was going to figure out what was going on and try to stop it.

While the guy was filling out papers, a Lexus SUV pulled up next to the BMW, and a man jumped out and started talking to the repo guy. He was waving his hands around, pointing his finger in his face, and making an ass out of himself. Then the woman driving the SUV jumped out and started yelling at him for being late on the payments, and screamed that he was "worthless" and couldn't be responsible enough to do anything right, and then yelled that her "father was right" about him.

The car owner sat down on a planter, put his elbows on his knees, and shook his head in his hands while his wife stood and yelled at him in front of the whole street I work on. And she drew quite a crowd, because not only were about ten people from my office crammed on my balcony watching, but people from other businesses were outside watching as well.

The repo guy jimmy'd the lock, got in the car and started it. The owner jumped in front of it, pleading with the repo guy not to take his car, banging on the hood, screaming like a fool. You could tell by his voice that he was crying. And, judging from the way his wife was screaming at him in public, I am sure his tears were because of what he was afraid was going to happen to him when he got home.

This woman was not fucking around. She was going to kick his ass.

If this was any other guy, I might not have taken so much pleasure in it, but this particular guy is a total prick. I've run into him at the Coffee Bean a couple of times, and he thinks his shit doesn't stink. We used to work out of one of the offices in the building he works in, and he used to make it a point to never hold the elevator door for people who were coming, because he liked to ride it alone. He also berated his receptionist loud enough for everyone on the floor to hear it.

Karma is a motherfucker.

Heh.


*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*fake*


Thank god it's Friday, kids.

Go out and have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home