Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Burning down the house.


I warned you all that with my newfound obsession with the color pink, I might get a shiny new pink template for this diary. I searched for cool templates, but couldn't find anything I really liked, so I just added color to this one.

Html is going to drive me fucking batty. I don't know how you people in the know do it.


See the peninsula in the left corner of that picture? It decided to try and burn down today. And, Chris, co-worker/friend and I missed the inferno by about ten minutes.

Which is good, because the ONLY thing that scares me more than clowns is fire. But it's bad, because I missed all those lovely hot firemen. Damn.

Mr. Big Shot lives up on that hill, along with a bunch of other rich motherfuckers. It really is beautiful up there, and the homes are nice, without being overly ostentatious. Well, unfortunately, I don't know how long that will last since Donald "money doesn't equal class" Trump bought the country club up there and turned into Trump National Blah Blah Kiss My Rich Ass Blah.

Chris had to take something to the house, and since Mr. Big Shot was out of town for the day, asked if I wanted to come up and see all the renovations he'd had done since the last time I was there. When we were pulling out of the community he lives in, I saw smoke, but not a lot of it. So we looked at it, and gawked for a second, but then we had to get back to the office.

In about five minutes, the hill was pretty much covered in black smoke. It was crazy. And fucking scary. Me no likey the fire.

The best part of these situations, though, is the dopey newscasters that have to improvise. If they can't read it off of a tele-prompter, they have no fucking clue what to do with themselves.

At one point, acres and acres and acres were on fire, while more acres were charred and black, and the bobble-head newscaster says "Well, I'm not a professional firefighter or anything, but I'd say this is a pretty big fire."

Then the other moron said, "It's going to take quite a bit of water to get this out."

DUH.


It's late, and I wasted too much time dicking around trying to find a decent looking template, so this is all you're getting today. You lucked out.

BUT, I must add a final happy birthday to my girl DanjerusKurves.

Happy Birthday, you HOAR!

1 Comments:

At November 13, 2012 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are created to match today modern interiors and let you display your love and support to your favorite team in a trendy mannerThe public don't know is, New York jets' LaoGuang played a painful receiver intervertebral disc herniation, and accept the whole season had back surgery on Wednesday, February 3, ESPNNewYork The plan of 2008 year has begun to be on 15th AprilThere are lots of different types of hat you can get nowadaysThe Bills, started last season a woeful 0-8 and finished an uninspiring 4-12, have only once won more games than have lost since 1999, when Buffalo made its last playoff appearance

[url=http://www.officialnikenflshop.com/brandon_lloyd_jersey-c-914_1161_1438.html]Brandon Lloyd Jersey women[/url]
[url=http://www.officialnikenflshop.com/antonio_gates_jersey-c-914_1308_1316.html]Antonio Gates Jersey women[/url]
[url=http://www.officialnikenflshop.com/christian_ponder_jersey-c-914_1147_1158.html]Christian Ponder Jersey women[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home