Striving For Mediocrity

Ramblings of a thirtysomething sometimes bitter single girl living in Southern California with her gay cat and crazy neighbors. Doing her damnedest to find one good man that won't drive her completely nuts.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Blah. Update. Blah.


Two entries in one day? You lucky bastards.

I also posted a non-funny entry (incredibly serious, actually) here.

I have nothing to do at work, and I am bored as hell. And for that, you all must pay.

Today, in talking with Sylvia about the big Greek Festival, she told me she’s already told her friends that she’s bringing a “pretty young single girl,” and for their sons to be prepared. Oy.

I am already trying to think of ways to back out of this. I don’t handle these sort of situations well. Not.at.all.

I am already fidgety and nervous just thinking about it.

Oh, how I loathe the set-up.


We have free lunch on Fridays at My Company. Since I am the lowliest employee in the office, I have to coordinate them. When I sent out the email that we were having Chicago For Ribs, Chris sent me an email back that said “Do you think you can go to South Central and get REAL ribs? They are so tasty. Although very risky.”

I don’t know why, but that was the funniest fucking thing in the world to me this morning when I read it. I almost shot vanilla latte out my nose.

I guess it’s not so funny now.


Jesus Christ, am I bored. I hate having nothing to do.


So, I saw today that Cameron Diaz is saying that she is “very proud” of the naked pictures she took when she was modeling before she was a star.

So proud that she never wanted anyone to see them. EVER.

Given what we know about how smarmy people are, if you ever intend to have a life in the public eye, why would you ever pose for those types of pictures?

What would I do without stupid celebrities?

And, speaking of celebrities, I saw that my dreamy Zach Braff broke up with that twit Mandy Moore.

THANK GOD.

I couldn’t live with the idea of my dream boyfriend (well, one of them, anyway) being with her.

Instead he should be with someone more like… ME.

Call me, Zach.

There’s a Colin Farrell sex tape. Please forward all copies to andria24@gmail.com. Right.Now.


I’M BORED.

Fuck. It’s only 12:47.

Save me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home